WorldEdit is a Minecraft terrain editing mod sometimes used by Hausemaster and other admins on 2b2t. It has been used many times over the course of 2b2t's lifespan, starting in 2011 and 2012 to only flatten Spawn, and later, increasingly for player-made structures, such as Illegals stashes, then stashes and machines which caused lag, especially during the Chunk dupe and later No Server November in 2019. It was used again in 2023 to completely remove all forms of illegally-placed bedrock in the world.
Specific instances of usage
- 2011–2012 – Used to flatten Spawn in order to reduce lag from mobs inside lavacasts, as well as to create a large obsidian platform for all players to spawn on. Some, like chrisleighton, would pour lava on this platform at 0,0 to instantly kill new players joining the server.
|I was actually on when Hausemaster (that's this server's admin) used WorldEdit to clean up the spawn. It was fucking insane, some French people had cobbled literally everything and somehow had made the exact spawn point a 2x1 box that was inescapable because of Spawn protections. Hause does this fairly regularly, and someone always makes a point to cobble the spawn within a week or two.
- gukeums1, 2012
- Around 2015-2016 possibly used by iTristan to build a clock tower when he backdoored the server.
- April 2016 – Used to create and remove The Archive, a Nerds Inc base made of illegal bedrock.
- July 31, 2016 – Used to move a base named Hitlerville belonging to georgebush420.
- July 2017 – Used to delete three of Armorsmith's "Carolina" lag machines.
- 2016–2018 – Possibly used to remove a mob spawner lagging the server at The Monastery.
- 2019 – Used to remove part of a stash at Acheron.
- 2019 – Used to remove a stash and lag machine at Block Game Jerusalem
- 2019 – Used to remove a stash at Mu.
- November–December 2019 – Used to remove No Server November player head chunk bans (Twentyfive separate instances) and lag machines (Fifteen separate instances).
- April 7–23, 2020 – Used to remove Bakery furnace chunk bans (Twenty separate instances).
- October 2020 – Used to remove the enchanting tables at Nether spawn during the Tenth Incursion (Three separate instances).
- November 2020 – Used to remove NSN EMP machines (lag machine) as part of No Server November (Five separate instances).
- August 2023 – All forms of unobtainable bedrock were either converted to deepslate or removed altogether for the 1.19.4 update.