Template:On this month/December
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On this month
- August 2008 – between April 2009 and December 2010 – 2b2t's Garry's Mod server begins after Kalash is banned from 2f2f for exploits. After creating the Minecraft server, the group is still active and continues hosting servers, although none are as significant as the Garry's Mod and Minecraft servers. The group was deleted by Hause in 2019 or 2020.
- December 2010 – Hausemaster and/or georgebush420, the two server operators, begin 2b2t's current map. 2b2t is populated by people in the already existing 2b2t Garry's Mod community (such as Rage639 and BennyGun).
- December 2011 – The Second Backdoor of 2b2t occurs. popbob created a plugin for Hausemaster, and using this backdoor, gave himself permission to use the TooManyItems mod.
- December 2013 – The Second Backdoor takes place. iTristan and Pyrobyte develop a plugin that blocks access to the roof of the Nether, but they use the plugin as their backdoor. Pyrobyte and iTristan reached the World Border.
- December 2014 – Southern Canal Project is started by ThebesAndSound.
- December 2015 – The Third Backdoor takes place. More hacked items are created and kept in a stash by iTristan.
- December 2, 2017 – The Vortex Coalition declares war on Emperium, starting the the Vo–Perium war.
- December 20, 2019 – The tab list displays “NINE YEARS” at the top of it. Hausemaster introduces a patch removing all illegals from the game permanently, including unbreakables and 32k’s. Death messages are brought back. The Book club / The Brownmen ceases player head chunkbans, #NoServerNovember ends.
- December 2-3, 2020 – Hausemaster's PayPal account is suspended. The next day Hausemaster's PayPal account is reenabled.
- December 10, 2021 – A remote code execution (RCE) zero-day exploit in the popular Java logging tool log4j is leaked to the public. The server goes offline to mitigate the damage. It is unknown for how long the exploit has been used before the leak.