It is mandatory to read the rules before editing, posting, or contributing to the 2b2t wiki. Failure to obey the rules will result in a ban or suspension.
- 1 A. General Rules
- 2 B. Article Quality
- 3 C. Administration of the 2b2t Wiki
A. General Rules
- Do not create pages that do not not relate to 2b2t or the 2b2t community.
- Do not re-create pages that admins/bureaucrats have deleted, unless you have obtained their explicit permission. If you feel that your page has been deleted unjustly, please discuss this on the discord. If your request for reversion of the deletion is denied, do not re-add your page.
- No response on the request DOES NOT constitute consent on the re-creation of the page.
- Do not create pages that exist only to advertise your group.
- Do not create separate pages that are about tiny and/or unknown bases/groups or random people you've met. They will be moved to Regular Players or Small Groups.
Major Build/Base Guidelines
ALL Major Build and Base pages MUST:
- List All builders (bases from Jan 1st, 2013 back are NOT required to list all base members).
- Include dates of foundation and completion/grief must be included, the minimum acceptable description is the month and year (bases created before June 1st, 2016 are excused from this requirement).
- Include one or more pictures of the major build/base.
- Exist on 2b2t.org.
- Be completed and/or griefed.
Minor Group/Faction Guidelines
- The group must exist on 2b2t.
- The group must have at least 25 members.
- Must have actual accomplishments.
- Faction pages that are only advertisements are not permitted.
General Page Editing Rules
- If a staff member rolls your edit back, do not re-add your edit. If you feel that the staff member should not have rolled back your edit, discuss it in the page's discussion page, or on the discord server. If your request is denied or ignored, do not re-add your edit.
- Vandalism is not allowed.
- Try to be as objective as possible.
- Do not remove commonly known terms such as oldfag, newfag etc; because its not family friendly (ex: making "grammar edits" by removing terms such as newfag).
- Do not add your name to Famous Players or Notable Players unless if you have established a reputation on the server.
- If you bypass a ban, we will contact the Mizaheze stewards, and have you blocked from Miraheze as a whole.
Other General Rules
- Avoid including personal information in an article. There are two exceptions: 1. It is you yourself writing the article, and 2, the player in question has willingly shared their information publicly, and can be properly verified as doing so. A Dox is not public information. It is allowed to mention doxxes as they are events, (i.e. the doxxing of Chrisleighton), but to link or take information from them is no permitted here.
- If translating a page, don't do so in Google Translate.
Final Note: Please add categories to your pages. This can be done in source editing by typing [[Category:Example]], or by clicking the category stripe at the bottom of the page twice in normal editing.
B. Article Quality
- ALL articles must use primary sources. Primary sources include (but are not limited to):
- A player that experiences an event firsthand is a primary source. Ideally, these will be the writers of most articles.
- Forum or Discord posts from people who experiences an event firsthand is a primary source.
- A screenshot that is able to be verified as being on 2b2t, (or a dialogue on an external application whose validity is verifiable) of a certain event is a primary source.
- A video that is able to be verified as being on 2b2t, of a certain event is a primary source.
- A player that has knowledge of an event through a primary source is a secondary source.
- YouTubers will not be used as sources at all, unless explicitly permitted by the 2b2t Wiki Administration, please feel free to ask permission on a case-by-case basis.
- All articles regarding bases must cite their sources where applicable.
- Every new article will be reviewed by a member of the 2b2t Wiki Administration. Members of the 2b2t Wiki Administration will be responsible for ensuring that biased articles are not published.
- Exaggeration is strictly forbidden.
- For sensitive topics, at least three primary sources must be included. Sensitive: Likely to cause differing opinions within the 2b2t community.
- Pages are expected to be written using proper English grammar.
- The first time you mention any noun (i.e player, base, event, group, etc.) in an article, you are expected to link to that article (using two square brackets [[ ]] on each side.
C. Administration of the 2b2t Wiki
Notice: These rules could be changed in the near future.
Promotion and Demotion
- The President is not permitted to promote or demote Bureaucrats without a vote with a simple majority of staff members to do so.
- The President is not permitted to demote and promote Administrators without a vote with a simple majority of staff members to do so.
- The 'President' role is above Bureaucrat, and serves as "owner" of the Wiki, it functions as a bureaucrat in votes
- There is only to be 1 president at any given time, they are voted in and out by the staff members, with a simple majority.
- In the event of multiple candidates, and no majority for any of them, multiple votes will take place, with whoever attains the least votes eliminated after each vote until a candidate achieves a simple majority.
- If a president is voted out of office, they revert to their Bureaucrat rank.
- Miraheze Stewards are permitted to demote democratically-removed or inactive Presidents, Bureaucrats, and Admins, should the staff team be unable to remove them.
- Democratic removal entails a discussion page being created, and left up for a period of 7 days. A simple majority shall be the deciding proportion.
- To be considered innactive, the offending Staff member must have under 10 edits in the last 3 months.
- If a canceled issue is brought up within a day after being cancelled for a total of 3 weeks, it can be brought to Miraheze and a page can be created to discuss the issue according to the Meta Miraheze rules.
- The President and Bureaucrats are allowed to remove any article they deem inappropriate for the 2b2t Wiki without consulting the community.
Changes to 2b2t Wiki Rules
- The President is not permitted to make changes to the 2b2t Wiki rules without a simple majority vote from the staff members.
- Bureaucrats are permitted to make changes to the 2b2t Wiki rules, but must have a simple majority amongst the staff members to do so.
- No changes to the rules will take effect until voted upon by the staff members.
(Updated for June 2020 Standards II, by Joey_Coconut)