Point Nemo, prior to the April 30th grief.
|Inhabitants||irql, Byrnsy, MiningMinecraft, househousehouse1, Auion, Admirak, and a few others|
|Started||March 26th, 2017|
|Griefed||March 29th, 2017|
|Griefers||JewishBanker (Babbaj) and Chunkr|
Point Nemo is a base located on the 2b2t +X Overworld World Border, constructed by the +X Digging Group. The base was griefed only a week after construction began, and was completely wiped out in the following months.
The landscape of the area was generated in 1.6. The first known people who reached the area were Pyrobyte and iTristan on December 7th, 2013 (most likely with a backdoor). They left a bedrock platform on the other side of the border with two signs, reading:
It's the end
of the world!
Dec. 7 2013
here. If you
see this, shit
iTristan also left the 121 books from the Mein Kampf collection, created by Victormeriqui, and a superweapon on the other side of the border.
- December 9, 2016: Byrnsy started a journey towards the very same place, thus forming the +X Digging Group. It was established that once they reach the World Border, they were going to build a base there, just like they did at other notable points. They named it Point Nemo, after the oceanic pole of inaccessibility - the furthest point on Earth from land, located in the Southern Pacific Ocean.
- March 26, 2017: the first group of diggers - househousehouse1, xxq, irql, rasqi, miningminecraft, and several others - reached the World Border, and discovered Pyro's and iTristan's signs. They also managed to retrieve the Mein Kampf book. As other group members also arrived, construction on the base began.
- March 28, 2017: when Byrnsy finished his journey, the place had already started to take shape. However, a day later, it was griefed.
- April 24, 2017: Fit finished his own journey to the world border, and several of the former diggers, including Byrnsy, gathered at the partially repaired base as a formal welcome party.
- April 30, 2017: the base was griefed again.
- During May 2017, the base was fully destroyed and lavacasted beyond repair.