The Facepunch War
Expl: Inaccurate recount of events. Exaggeration. No war happened, and events were never referred to as "war"
The Facepunch War was a rebellion in 2b2t against the rising Facepunch Republic by the 4channers. It occurred during 2011-2012. It started when a player named Chezhead rallied everyone on the Facepunch forum to join 2b2t and form a peaceful anarchy in the server. The 4channers disagreed with this and attempted to take down the Facepunch Republic.
|Date||April 28th, 2011 - June 2012|
|Location||Various, notably X 500 Z 42|
|Result||4channer victory, beginning of Server Decay|
|Combatant One||Facepunch Republic|
Commanders and leaders
|Commander (Comb. 1)|
|Commander (Comb. 2)||Decentralized (no leader)|
|Strength (Comb. 1)||Large numbers, numerous bases, access to one of the first Duplication Glitches|
|Strength (Comb. 2)||Spies, decentralized bases, greater number of hackers, large amounts of materials|
|Casualties and losses|
Following an influx of players coming from the Facepunch forums in April, 2011, Luke2thebun griefed Camp Facepunch, retroactively named Greyskull's last stand, on April 28th, 2011, effectively beginning the loose ties between the groups. Chezhead later declares war after denial, mainly due to his advisors suggesting it. Many 4channers and individuals begin to attack Facepunch Bases. Spies in the forums, along with a majority of 4channer's using Cheat Clients, led the Facepunchers into a decay as many of their bases were raided and griefed, most close to spawn.
Some of these do not have dates as they have been lost over the years.
- April 27th, 2011 - Chezhead begins first 2b2t related thread on facepunch.com and declares the founding of the Facepunch Republics to bring a peaceful anarchy. 4channers assemble to combat this. A KOS list is assembled by Chez.
- April 28th, 2011 - Greyskull's Stand marks first battle of the impending war. Camp Facepunch destroyed by Luke2thebun. Chezhead denies war.
- April, 2011 - July, 2011 - Peak of war and Republic power. Several bases made and destroyed by raiders and 4channers.
- July, 2011 - October, 2011 - Republic idea begins to wane and decline. The last thread of the Republic on facepunch.com is started on July 7th, 2011, titled "2b2t V2: there is no FP republic". Facepunchers begin to quit 2b and give up. Chezhead gives up on the Republic in October.
- October, 2011 - February, 2012 - Players continue to try and keep the Republic together with the departure of Chezhead as leader. This fails and the Republic collapses in February.
- June, 2012 - Last band of facepunchers, led by Phagocytic, dedicated to the Republic try and create a spawn base known as 2k2k, with the hopes to constantly rebuild it to make griefers give up. This fails as facepunchers got tired of constantly rebuilding and began to lose hope. The group slowly gave up and disbanded causing the end of the old Republic.
- The war in itself is almost similar to The Rusher War four years later: a group of new players trying to make a change in 2b2t, with old players trying to take them down. Major differences include the fact that the amount of facepunchers joining the server was less, not more, than the amount of people who already played, and the fact that the facepunch community was much less centralized around a specific leader, and (somewhat) more mature, than the TCR community.
- Despite the war having much less casualties than the Rusher War, 4 years later, the war saw more armed combatants die than in the Rusher War due to the fact that the war was during the Beta stages of Minecraft, meaning enchantments, god armor, crystals, totems, withers, etc, were not a thing back then, making killing much easier than it is today. The only reason the Rusher War outweighs in the casualties department, is because of the mass slaughter of the newfags at spawn, who barely had anything, if not nothing.
Major Groups Involved
- Facepunch Republic
Minor Groups Involved
- Judge's group - recruited from both sides
- Brotherhood of Diamonds - gave diamonds to anyone
- Various raider groups and independents