|Existed||April of 2011- February of 2012 (Chezhead’s Republic) February of 2012 - June of 2012 (Phagocytic’s Republic) (with some ripples in 2013)|
|Bases||Camp Facepunch, Facepunch Castle, Fort Creationism Corner, Fort Hardware and Software, Outpost Raptor I, II, III, and IV, Banana Republic, Drunken Embassy, and several other bases, camps, and outposts. 2k2k was one of the last.|
The Facepunch Republic, also known as the Facepunch Alliance or simply Facepunch, was a group of players that joined 2b2t in early 2011. Members of this group are known as Facepunchers. They consisted of users from the online forum www.facepunch.com, giving them their name. These Facepunchers came to 2b2t to play and create cities where their forum members could build and bring order among the server's anarchy by creating a perfect civilization where people had jobs and such. Their leader was known as Chezhead, who lead the group until October of 2011. Their initiate to bring order failed badly as their actions were seen as an insult to the whole server, beginning a hunt for Facepunchers on the server. This led to a server-wide conflict known as the The Facepunch War which lead to the group's inevitable demise. After Chezehead left 2b2t and gave up hope, the remaining Facepunchers failed to keep the group together and eventually disbanded in February of 2012. Their forum was still essential to 2b2t as a media and a sort of memory book of the server.
One of Facepunch's main and most notable spawn bases was 2k2k located at approximately X: -2000 Z: -2000. Built by Facepunchers and lead by Phagocytic, who took control after Chezhead’s departure and initial disband of the Republic, this was their last-ditch effort to fend off against the attacking 4chan Anarchists. Since their base was close to spawn, it was griefed multiple times, although this didn't stop the Facepunchers from repairing it for over a month. Eventually, the group began to decline once again as more and more Facepunchers gave up on repairing 2k2k. They either went to live somewhere else or left the server. The Facepunch Republic collapsed in June of 2012. 2k2k is currently a giant lava cast with some of its former structure still buried under its stony grave. The last Facepunch thread was closed on June 7th, 2015.
Post Facepunch Eras
Despite the Republic being disbanded and several Facepunchers leaving after 2k2k, there were still some who remained. These Facepunchers either fused into new groups, went solo, or never advertised their Facepunch origin and secretly made new bases.
The most notable group of Facepunchers still remaining after the Republic's fall was the group started by Coldwave, in which he hoped to create a new republic. He founded Hitlerwood which later fused with Anatolia (aka the Black Flag Group) to create Valkyria. Essentially, Valkyria was the Facepunch Republic 2.0 due to their Facepunch ancestry. Knightvista created the last Facepunch base, Fort Avril, which was griefed. Players from Facepunch still come to 2b2t to this day; despite very minimal. Obviously, however, they do not have any association with the Republic that existed long before.
- Facepunchers still roam the server today such as popbob, xcc2, lemler33 and few others.
- The term Facepuncher is similar to Rusher as it is used in the exact same way. It was used to generalize a group of players and not necessarily mean they were part of the Republic (while most were), but just to refer to them that they came from Facepunch
- The Republic named their bases federation shelters, outposts, camps, forts, and towns.
- The group had a system of social classes, which included (but not limited to) the president, advisors, mayors, and citizens. Chezhead was the president of the Republic, which essentially meant he was the leader and had full power over it. He made the ultimate decisions. Advisors were put in place to keep bases in check and were required to arrange meetings with all advisors online in order to agree with large decisions, with Chezhead having the final say. Mayors ran towns and shelters and kept the citizens of the town in line. The citizens were basic builders and common players.
- The group undoubtedly left a legacy that is still seen today. Their failed attempts to create a sort of peace and order in anarchy changed the way players played 2b2t for years to come through creating base groups and just groups in general, seeking a system and a sort of order, good or bad, despite the ruthlessness and lawlessness of anarchy.
- Chezhead (Leader)
- popbob (Until his rampage)
- xcc2 (Despite coming to 2b from 4chan) (Active to this day)
- Isak (Traitor)
- Phagocytic (Took leadership after Chezhead's departure)
- Mexican (Yes, ure not dreamin)
- Harblax (until his betrayal)
- Pimpmastaflex (until his betrayal)
- CreamOfTheSlop (until his "betrayal")
- Brickable (final noted member)
Archived Facepunch Threads
Although the Facepunch forums are down, several 2b2t-related threads have been archived on the Wayback Machine. The following is a list of archived threads.
- Upon the Shoulders of Giants: An Adventure in 2b2t - April 27, 2011 - Chezhead
- 2b2t V2: there is no FP republic - July 7, 2011 - Within
- 2b2t v3: Nope, still no republic - February 1, 2012 - Iliekboxes
- 2b2t: Revival. - April 1, 2012 - phagocitic
- 2b2t: is this shit dead yet - February 27, 2013 - TCB
- 2b2t : A nearly-dead odyssey - August 15, 2014 - DinoSaurus
- 2b2t: A Decent into Dead - January 12, 2015 - DinoSaurus