|Approx. Founded||April of 2011|
|Approx. Disbandment||June of 2012|
|Camp Facepunch, Facepunch Castle, Fort Creationism Corner, Fort Hardware and Software, Outpost Raptor I, II, III, and IV, Banana Republic, Drunken Embassy, Fort Lake, and several other bases, camps, and outposts. 2k2k was one of the last.|
The Facepunch Republic, also known as the Facepunch Alliance, Congregation of Facepunch, or simply Facepunch or the Republic, was a group of players who joined 2b2t from in early 2011. Members of this group are known as Facepunchers. They consisted of users from the now-non-existent forum facepunch.com, their namesake. These Facepunchers came to 2b2t to play and create cities where their forum members could build and bring order among the server's anarchy, by creating a perfect civilization where people had jobs and such. They were led by Chezhead, who lead the group until Phagocytic took over.
In November 2019, Chezhead returned to create a revival faction committed to secrecy, nonviolence, and good vibes.
Old Facepunch Republic
The Facepunch Republic began in 2011 with a thread titled Upon the Shoulders of Giants: An Adventure in 2b2t posted on the Facepunch Forums on April 27th, 2011.
Their initiative to bring order failed badly as their actions were seen as an insult to the whole server, beginning a hunt for Facepunchers on the server. This led to a server-wide conflict known as the The Facepunch War, which led to the group's inevitable demise. After Chezhead left 2b2t and gave up hope, the remaining Facepunchers failed to keep the group together and eventually disbanded in February of 2012. Their forum was still essential to 2b2t as a media and a sort of memory book of the server.
One of Facepunch's main and most notable spawn bases was 2k2k, located at approximately X: -2000 Z: -2000. Built by Facepunchers and led by Phagocytic, who took control after Chezhead’s departure and initial disband of the Republic, this was their last-ditch effort to fend off against the attacking 4channers. Since their base was close to spawn, it was griefed multiple times, although this didn't stop the Facepunchers from repairing it for over a month. Eventually, the group began to decline once again as more and more Facepunchers gave up on repairing 2k2k. They either went to live somewhere else or left the server.
The Facepunch Republic collapsed in June of 2012. 2k2k was covered in a giant lavacast before being griefed down to bedrock. The last Facepunch thread was closed on June 7th, 2015.
Despite the Republic being disbanded and several Facepunchers leaving after 2k2k, there were still some who remained. These Facepunchers either fused into new groups, went solo, or never advertised their Facepunch origin and secretly made new bases. The most notable group of Facepunchers still remaining after the Republic's fall was the group started by Coldwave, in which he hoped to create a new republic. He founded Hitlerwood which later fused with Anatolia (aka the Black Flag Group) to create Valkyria. Valkyria could be considered the Facepunch Republic 2.0 due to their Facepunch ancestry. Knightvista created the last Facepunch base, Fort Avril, which was griefed.
The Facepunch War
The Facepunch War was a rebellion in 2b2t against the rising Facepunch Republic by the 4channers. It occurred during 2011-2012. It started when a player named Chezhead rallied everyone on the Facepunch forum to join 2b2t and form a peaceful anarchy in the server. The 4channers disagreed with this and attempted to take down the Facepunch Republic.
|Date||April 28th, 2011 - June 2012|
|Location||Various, notably X 500 Z 42|
|Result||4channer victory, beginning of Server Decay|
|Combatant One||Facepunch Republic|
Commanders and leaders
|Commander (Comb. 1)|
|Commander (Comb. 2)||Decentralized (no leader)|
|Strength (Comb. 1)||Large numbers, numerous bases, access to one of the first Duplication Glitches|
|Strength (Comb. 2)||Spies, decentralized bases, greater number of hackers, large amounts of materials|
|Casualties and losses|
Following an influx of players coming from the Facepunch forums in April, 2011, Luke2thebun griefed Camp Facepunch, retroactively named Greyskull's last stand, on April 28th, 2011, effectively beginning the loose ties between the groups. Chezhead later declares war after denial, mainly due to his advisors suggesting it. Many 4channers and individuals begin to attack Facepunch Bases. Spies in the forums, along with a majority of 4channer's using Cheat Clients, led the Facepunchers into a decay as many of their bases were raided and griefed, most close to spawn during The Facepunch War .
Some of these do not have exact dates, as they have been lost over the years.
- April 27, 2011 — Chezhead posts the first 2b2t-related thread on the now-non-existent Facepunch forum (facepunch.com) and declares the founding of the Facepunch Republic to bring a peaceful anarchy. 4channers assemble to combat this. A kill-on-sight list is assembled by Chezhead.
- April 28, 2011 — Greyskull's Stand marks the first battle of the impending war. Camp Facepunch is destroyed by Luke2thebun. Chezhead denies war.
- April 2011 – July 2011 — Peak of war and Republic power. Several bases are made and destroyed by raiders and 4channers.
- July 2011 – October 2011 — the idea of the Republic begins to wane and decline. The last thread of the Republic on facepunch.com is posted on July 7, 2011, titled "2b2t V2: there is no FP republic". Facepunchers begin to give up and quit the server. Chezhead gives up on the Republic in October.
- October 2011 – February 2012 — Players continue to try and keep the Republic together after the departure of Chezhead as leader. This fails and the Republic collapses in February.
- June 2012 — the last band of Facepunchers dedicated to the Republic, led by Phagocytic, try and create a spawn base known as 2k2k, with the hopes of constantly rebuilding it to make griefers give up. This fails, as the Facepunchers themselves got tired of constantly rebuilding it, and began to lose hope. The group slowly gave up and disbanded causing the end of the old Republic.
- The war in itself is almost similar to The Rusher War four years later: a group of new players trying to make a change in 2b2t, with old players trying to take them down. Major differences include the fact that the amount of facepunchers joining the server was less, not more than the number of people who already played, and the fact that the Facepunch community was much less centralized around a specific leader, and (somewhat) more mature, than the TCR community.
- Despite the war having much fewer casualties than the Rusher War, four years later, the war saw more armed combatants die than in the Rusher War due to the fact that the war was during the Beta stages of Minecraft, meaning enchantments, crystals, totems, withers, etc. were non-existent back then, making killing much easier than it is today. The only reason the Rusher War outweighs in the casualties department is because of the mass slaughter of the gearless newfags at spawn.
Major Groups Involved
- Facepunch Republic
Minor Groups Involved
- Judge's group - recruited from both sides
- Brotherhood of Diamonds - gave diamonds to anyone
- Various raider groups and independents
New Facepunch Republic
Main Page: New Facepunch Republic
Despite a failure to achieve peace and stability in 2012 and the Facepunch forums shutting down, in November 2019, Chezhead returned to the server to revive the group and establish some outposts, starting the New Facepunch Republic. In the beginning, the group was controlled by 0Neb, who was Armorsmith's advisor at the time. They both intended to use chezhead for their manipulative plan to "take over" other factions. This resulted in Sato86's involvement, who managed to get chezhead to take back the Discord server and get rid of both Armorsmith and 0Neb.
- Facepunchers (not counting New Facepunchers) still roam the server today such as popbob, lemler33, xcc2, and a few others.
- The term Facepuncher is similar to Rusher as it is used in the exact same way. It was used to generalize a group of players and not necessarily mean they were part of the Republic (while most were), but just to refer to them that they came from Facepunch
- The Republic named their bases federation shelters, outposts, camps, forts, and towns.
- The group had a system of social classes, which included (but not limited to) the president, advisors, mayors, and citizens. Chezhead was the president of the Republic, which essentially meant he was the leader and had full power over it. He made the ultimate decisions. Advisors were put in place to keep bases in check and were required to arrange meetings with all advisors online in order to agree with large decisions, with Chezhead having the final say. Mayors ran towns and shelters and kept the citizens of the town in line. The citizens were basic builders and common players.
- The group undoubtedly left a legacy that is still seen today. Their failed attempts to create a sort of peace and order in anarchy changed the way players played 2b2t for years to come through creating base groups and just groups in general, seeking a system and a sort of order, good or bad, despite the ruthlessness and lawlessness of anarchy.
- The original Facepunchers were the first noted group to have access to the piston duplication glitch, which was the first-ever noted duplication glitch in server history. It shaped them to be even more of a powerhouse and, despite losing, one of their advantages in the Facepunch War.
List of bases
This list may be incomplete. You can help by expanding it.
- Camp Facepunch
- Project Arsenal (mob grinder)
- Wool Caves, Facepunch streaming base. Alpha blocks found here
- Jasun and popbob's outpost (old mob grinder) (Partly griefed)
- Zion (X:5285, Z:10222; lasted July 2011 – August 2012, after getting griefed, Phagocytic decided to move the base at 2k2k)
- 2k2k (X:2000 Z:2000; built July 2012–2013 (the oldest and longest ran base by the FP)
- Oceanos Complex
- Outpost Raptor I (the most intact Facepunch base to date; coordinates originally leaked by Sequel in early June 2011)
- Outpost Raptor II (all of the raptor bases were made by assassinraptor)
- Outpost Raptor III
- Outpost Raptor IV
- Outpost Raptor V
- Food Island (restored and griefed)
- Fort Lake (early 2011; hidden in giant lake)
- Fort Kick-Ass a 4-Chan from early 2011. (Mentioned thousands of times in the FP forums.)
- Fort Creationism Corner (early 2011; known for having a YouTube video taken in it, being some of the earliest 2b2t footage)
- Fort Something (early 2011)
- Putzburg (early 2011)
- Fort Casual Friday
- Fort FP NFFS (Fort Facepunch Not Far From Spawn)
- Sky City
- Fort Bacon&Eggs
- Facepunch base 7
- Facepunch base 5
- Fort DuckFace central
- Camp GD (General Discussion)
- C-NGF (Camp Not Giving a Fuck)
- Drunken Miner embassy
- Fort Eden
- Coolity Fort 1.0
- Candy Mountain
- Fort Two Seasons
- Phagocytic's island
- The Complex (mentioned in the original Facepunch post by Chezhead as the "fourth fort")
- Fort Hardware And Software (Fort H&S), fell mid-May 2011
- Fort Unpopulated
There is a video with pictures of many Facepunchers bases here
- Bravo Base
- Bunker Badass
- Bunker Badass II
- Camp Oakwood
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Checkpoint Charlie v2
- Fort Hardware & Software 6.0
- Kickass Cove
- OMEGA Base v1, v2, and v3
- Salvation Outpost
- SnowCliff Keep
- Steel Outpost
- Spawn Base Alpha (SBA)
- Toonie Town
Old Facepunch Republic Notable Members
- Chezhead (Leader)
- popbob (Until his rampage)
- xcc2 (Despite coming to 2b from 4chan) (Active to this day)
- Phagocytic (Took leadership after Chezhead's departure)
- Harblax (until his betrayal)
- Pimpmastaflex (until his betrayal)
- CreamOFTheSlop (until his "betrayal")
- Brickable (final noted member)
Although the Facepunch forums are down, several 2b2t-related threads have been archived on the Wayback Machine. The following is a list of archived threads.
- Upon the Shoulders of Giants: An Adventure in 2b2t - April 27, 2011 - Chezhead (chezhead)
- 2b2t V2: there is no FP republic - July 7, 2011 - Within
- 2b2t v3: Nope, still no republic - February 1, 2012 - Iliekboxes
- 2b2t: Revival. - April 1, 2012 - phagocitic (Phagocytic)
- 2b2t: is this shit dead yet - February 27, 2013 - TCB
- 2b2t : A nearly-dead odyssey - August 15, 2014 - DinoSaurus
- 2b2t: A Decent into Dead - January 12, 2015 - DinoSaurus
- 2b2t: Dead? You wish - January 20, 2015 - Sato (Sato86)
- 2b2t V2: there is no FP republic
- Footage of Fort Creationism Corner by Headcheeez in May 2011