|Joined||October 6, 2016|
|Alternative Accounts||BarrenDome2, DarrenBome, NegaBarrenDome, HandiMan, CalendarMan, CtrlAltMeth, 6kr, RacistTrump, BucknerGarcia, TacticalBaptism, CrippleThreat, MattFoley, DirtyGirlScout|
BarrenDome, sometimes shortened to Barren, is a 2b2t YouTuber with over 95,000 subscribers as of July 2021 and the founder of The Church of Cthulu. He began playing in late 2016, and stopped in late 2021.
BarrenDome joined on October 6, 2016, after spectating the server's recent events on YouTube. He made his first base over 1 million blocks from Spawn on October 16. There, he also converted two nearby villages with melons and pumpkins respectively. Unfortunately, he set up his bed wrong, and when he accidentally died he found himself back at Spawn. Initially he wasn't going to walk all the way back to the base and posted the coordinates on the 2b2t subreddit. Facing a change of heart the next day, he removed the post and decided to walk back to his base. Luckily, no one who saw the post ever bothered to come grief the base, and the melon and pumpkin towns survived for over 3 years before being discovered and griefed.
He mainly wandered around the server finding interesting things to make videos on, while also doing the occasional base tour. He was also one of the curators of The Museum. His group, The Church of Cthulhu, is a cult that occasionally builds ocean-themed bases and places their banners at Spawn.
BarrenDome has stopped producing 2b2t content and addressed this in a video as he does not want to stop playing, and feels that he needs a break so he may return later.
- Barren is the only known 2b2t player who has done all the 1.12 Advancements on 2 accounts; BarrenDome and DarrenBome. The first time attempting to complete all the Advancements, Barren was in a contest with Torogadude to see who would be first. Torogadude beat Barren by just a few hours. The second time, Barren used an alt account, DarrenBome, and completed all the 1.12 Advancements with 0 deaths in under 17 hours.
- Barren has also created over 20 different pieces of map art. The largest set of maps was based on pictures to recreate the 1st level of Super Mario Brothers. He’s also one of the few people on 2b2t who has a map wall that displays every piece of map art, all 32,767 map IDs.
- On November 28, 2016, when 2b2t was updated to 1.11, Barren created the server's first "Chat Incursion". The 1.11 update allowed for the chat limit to increase from 100 characters to 255 and allowed for players to create small ASCII art in chat. After a few days the 2b2t admin patched the server to limit chat back to the max of 100 character. A video by BarrenDome showcased the new method of spam.
- Barren was the first 2b2t player to find a six block tall cactus on the server
- He discovered six seamless double stone slabs at an old 2012 base. He gave five away to other players and kept one for himself for over two years before giving it away in a discord contest when he reached 95,000 YouTube subscribers.
- He caused two of his player statistics to reach negative numbers; Distance by Elytra and Distance Fallen.
- Barren was one of the first two people, the other being Armorsmith, to reach the End world border.
BarrenDome has taken part in many bases, both for himself and with others.
When BarrenDome learned of the drop dupe in November 2016, he decided to move further out from spawn to build a new base. Breaking down hundreds of ender chests from the drop dupe to get obsidian, BarrenDome started on his Obsidian Pyramid (-836758 604221). He worked on the Obsidian Pyramid until January 2017 when he accidentally leaked the base coordinates in one of his videos showcasing the World Downloader mod. Though he quickly removed the video, a few Fourth Reich members were able to gain the coordinates. He packed up what supplies he could carry and took off just as griefers were starting to destroy the base. Since the Obsidian Pyramid coordinates were never released publicly, Barren secretly returned in September 2017 and rebuilt the Obsidian Pyramid. He also created a large dupe stash there based on the donkey/freecam dupes. The pyramid lasted until May 17, 2020 when it was discovered by some random explorers. This time Barren griefed the pyramid himself and destroyed the large dupe stash that was there.
Barren also traveled over 3 million blocks from Spawn and built his BoneSpire base, that also had the large Columbia statue. The BoneSpire base lasted from March 2017 until January 2021 when it was found by random explorers. Barren decided to grief the base himself, even though most of the base's large dupe stash had already been stolen.
BarrenDome traveled into the End and eventually settled and created a small base he named Nexus on May 17, 2017. Here he built a large cathedral, a large shulker zoo, underground farms, and storage for a sizable dupe stash. As of May 2022, this location is still undiscovered by any other player.
He created Windmere (-217800 277756) on July 3, 2017as a small forward operating base that was closer to spawn. While at this location he created a large dupe stash from the chunk dupe. Also close by was his Unnatural Block Museum, created using the book/chunk dupe. Windmere lasted until March 14, 2020 when it was found by a random player and BarrenDome himself griefed the base, museum, and dupe stash.
BarrenDome started construction of his Void Caverns in July 2017. This location is a large hollowed out area underground that BarrenDome was planning to make into a recreation of Blackreach from Skyrim. This location contains his musuem of everything he's ever collected; items, banners, and books. He also created a map wall that displayed all 32,767 map ids. His Thanos Snap map art is also here. This location contains three sizable dupe stashes from multiple dupes of the years. As of May2022, this location is still undiscovered by any other player.
In January 2018, Barren was invited to base at Hammerbeam (-166516 123719). Hammerbeam's members included Casual_MC, maikerumine, MorbidRain, TotalDarkness, and DoctrZombie. Barren built four Iron Golem farms, a villager breeder, and a 92-villager trading hall. Hammerbeam was discovered in May 2018 and griefed. Members from Hammerbeam relocated to Barren's rebuilt Obsidian Pyramid and stayed there until its second grief.
Barren has also created several smaller builds, both for his videos and for people to find; including the Hovering Inverted Sand Pyramid (H.I.S.P.), Sweets & Thorny (a 255 block tall sugar cane & cactus), Cavalier boat, Nocturnal statue (Skyrim), an Ice Boat race track, a modified Elder Guardian Temple, the Helicoid Pinnacle, his Survival Shelter, and his Sundial.