r/2b2t_Uncensored is an alternative subreddit to the official r/2b2t subreddit, created with the goal of fighting back against the censorship on r/2b2t. The subreddit was created by Ztlb (u/Ztlb8) in September 2018, and as of June 2021, has over 7.9k members. While spam is monitored, administrators do not take down posts for no good reason. Rules of the subreddit are simple compared to r/2b2t and include no spamming, no unmarked NSFW, no doxxing or anything harmful, and nothing against the global Reddit rules. Advertising of other Minecraft servers or subreddits is allowed.
In December 2019, the subreddit was involved in a drama with the main subreddit when Hausemaster banned all moderators of the subreddit from the main subreddit. In October 2020, the subreddit was nuked by MrCK10. In January 2021, the subreddit was nuked three times by Joey_Coconut, Orsond, jared2013, and others. The subreddit was fully restored after each of these incidents.
The subreddit was created on September 9, 2018.
Sometime in 2019, the subreddit got hacked by "mrinfo_2b2t" who posted a rather unpleasant message on Zltb's account. He attempted to sell moderator for $5 USD.
Hausemaster dramaOn December 30, 2019, Hausemaster banned all the moderators of the subreddit from the main r/2b2t subreddit for the following reason:
"moderator in 2b2t related subreddit that doxes/violates global Reddit rules"The only way to get unbanned from r/2b2t would be to resign from the r/2b2t_Uncensored moderator team. This led to only HermeticLock leaving the team, and in that week, the subreddit boomed from 2,000 to 2,500–2,700 members. Sato86 released a video about the ban on the same day, on behalf of the moderator team.
The following topics were brought up in Sato's video:
- r/2b2t_uncensored doesn't dox users and they moderate the subreddit daily to remove any doxxes and anything that violates global Reddit rules. "you are literally saying that we enforcing this, that the uncensored subreddit is completely dedicated to doxing people" -Sato (1:03)
- The ban reason was just an excuse to ban us. - All the mods (1:09)
- "iTristan made Hausemaster look like a fool at least twice, with the Pyrobyte and Tristan backdoor and later in 2016 when he was outright lying to Hausemaster's face when he claimed he had no asset operator status access and we (not the r/2b2t_uncensored mods but the community) managed to prove that Tristan was lying. Hausemaster did nothing and guess what Tristan was still allowed to be on the subreddit in fact he was allowed to be on the subreddit up until 23rd of November. that's was his last post on this subreddit when someone made this fan art of his Minecraft skin and he posted her. Well guess what six days later the same Tristan, who has been making housemaster a fool for years, for fucking years, a person has been tampering with the server in very bad ways this dude like six day later hijacked the subreddit from the Hausemaster." "same person, the same person who has been literally been a threat to the stability hasn't been banned and at least I think he's probably banned now like" - Sato (1:34)
- "None of the moderators have ever doxxed or been involved in doxxing." - SoiledCold
- "This is nothing to do with doxxing, it's about control. The 2b2t uncensored subreddit is absolutely harmless it's not a very active subreddit it has only two thousands members like you barely see like ten people online on the subreddit at all times so it's not a threat it's not a threat to the main subreddit it." - Sato (4:03)
- "Subreddit wouldn't even exist in the first place if housemaster wasn't acting like a fucking moron on his main subreddit and banning people for the most smallest things" - Sato (4:30)
- The formula of 2b2t's success for Hausemaster was doing nothing. "you have been increasingly doing things against your community" - Sato (5:55)
- "You have been sitting and you have been in bed with the people who have made you a fool for years people like popbob people like Tristan. You have been their friends on steam, you have been their friends and I don't even know how long you have been talking with these people but this is the people you should be pointing your guns at. Not me, not hermeticlock, not SoiledCold not any of us." - Sato (6:18)
- Hausemaster is "destroying the foundation on which the server was founded, which was freedom. Freedom to say whatever you want, the freedom to do whatever you want, the freedom to play whatever you want" - Sato and the mods (7:00)
- If Hausemaster was right "why do you give a shit?" - Sato (7:34)
Criticism and controversy
Over the course of mid-2020 to 2021, r/2b2t_Uncensored became a hotbed for controversy. The first main drama was with MrCK10 and SoiledCold, where a chatlog surfaced of SoiledCold talking about the validity of Zltb's ability to run the subreddit. In the chatlogs, SoiledCold is seen telling fellow moderators that they need "more power" in an apparent bid to place himself as owner. MrCK10, seeing an opportunity to start drama, made an "expose" video of SoiledCold, saying he is "couping" the subreddit. This drama lasted for months and still goes on today, though to a far lesser extent.
The third and most recent drama began when Zltb's page on the 2b2t Wiki was deleted. The page was removed for lack of content, with the staff team in agreement. As Joey_Coconut was a moderator on the subreddit at the time, Zltb claimed this was done to "undermine" r/2b2t_Uncensored, despite the fact that the page for the subreddit itself was not deleted. He then kicked Joey from the mod team and began an "uncensored" wiki.
On January 13, 2021, Joey_Coconut asked chezhead, a moderator on the subreddit, to publicly denounce Zltb and resign. Instead, he reinstated Joey_Coconut's moderator rank and began banning an assortment of community members. Joey_Coconut began handing out the moderator rank to a wide array of people and accounts, most notably jared2013 and Qasaur (the owner of r/2b2t). After a few hours, Zltb caught wind of this and started repairing the subreddit.
- u/2b2tbot (Former shared of Zltb8 and a friend)
- u/sato-of-2b2t (quit 2b2t)
- u/hermeticlock (resigned to get unbanned from r/2b2t following drama with Hausemaster)
- u/MCsapling (quit 2b2t)
- u/mrck103 (threatened to dox hundreds; responsible for causing tons of drama; quit 2b2t)
- u/Joey_Coconut (demoted after removing Zltb's page on the wiki)
- u/Chezhead (demoted following the January 2021 raid)
- u/SoiledCold5 (demoted after attempting to raid the sub)
- u/fennectech (demoted following the January 2021 raid)
- u/BotOfWar (demoted)
- u/LordGalvatronMC (demoted)
- u/sniper231996 (demoted following the January 2021 raid)
The figures below have been taken from a post on the subreddit by Ztlb. All dates took place in 2020.