2b2t Chronicles is a fictional 2b2t web series on YouTube and is a project run by many players. The goal is to create a fictional story series set on 2b2t for everyone to enjoy. It uses the popular style of videos often referred to as "Machinima", which has seen usage by other YouTubers to portray real events in the past (such as Trump_17 and fastvincent1). However, 2b2t Chronicles is the first time this style of video was used to tell fictional stories, and the current understanding is that 2b2t Chronicles is the first time any 2b2t-centric fictional stories have been told on this scale.
The original concept of the Chronicles originates back to January 2020, when a group of people came together to create a "story show" set on 2b2t. The original story consisted of a fictional player in 2011 making his way to NFE, meeting xcc2, only to have popbob show up and an argument begins. The name of this project was the "2b2t Movie Society", however, it slowly fell into inactivity, and it seemed doomed to be one of many abandoned 2b2t ideas.
However, on March 31, 2020, VillagerFilms came to Trump_17, discussing the idea of a potential 2b2t "comedy story". Trump_17 told Villager about the movie society, and invited Villager to the Discord server. The next day, on April 1, 2020, Villager started renovating everything, and fixing the server up, bringing it back to life. The ideas slowly came together to form the modern idea of the Chronicles. Production of the series itself began a few days later. Episodes 1 and 2 were both finished in April, and within a few days. However, Episodes 3 to 5 took weeks to produce for a variety of reasons. Episodes 6 to 8 were finished far quicker due to the usage of a mod called Blockbuster by McHorse. For most of the series, visual editing was done by Villager first, then the visual video was transferred to Trump_17, who did the audio due to him being praised for having very good music choice and audio work on his personal channel.
On June 10, 2020, multiple 2b2t YouTubers uploaded a video that was a teaser for the 2b2t Chronicles, them being Sato86, VillagerFilms, Trump_17, DigMC (at the end of his "the entire history of 2b2t, I guess", as well as being mentioned by fastvincent1's community tab. Then, on July 25, 2020, a full trailer was released on the 2b2t Chronicles channel, showing actual clips from the series. On August 1, the first episode was released, with mixed reception. Episodes 2 to 4 were released over the next 3 weeks. Then, there was a 2-month mid-season break before Episodes continued regularly from Episodes 5-8 on October 31st. The first season ended on November 21, 2020, which makes Season 1 last from August to November 2020, with a promise of a season 2 in a few months.
There was also an April Fools' episode containing a fictionalized retelling of the famous flame war between popbob and jared2013 that took place on December 26, 2015.
On July 1, 2021, a trailer was released for Season 2. Season 2 officially began on July 31, with the premiere episode "The Brawl of Wrath", to mostly positive reception. Season 2 ended on October 9, with a promise of a season 3.
In the time between Season 2, many members of the team, including some directors, began losing interest in the project, simply due to real life things. By the time Season 3 began filming in Spring 2022, there were only two people actively working on the project (not counting actors, who would come and go at random) - Emperor_Walrus and VillagerFilms, who did most of the filming, editing, composing, and sound design all by themselves for the 3rd season.
On August 6th, 2022, Season 3 began it's first half, which ran with four episodes until October 30th, with a promise of a conclusion to the series to come in the form of Season 3 Part 2.
On December 15th, 2022, an update video was posted that announced not only their next project, an original animated series unrelated to 2b2t, but more importantly, how Season 3 Part 2 would be released. It stated that Season 3 Part 2 would be released all in one weekend as a big finale event, with Friday being the release of Season 3 Episode 5, Saturday being the release of Season 3 Episode 6, and Sunday being the release of a separate movie to conclude the series, titled 2b2t Chronicles: End of the Road. When this event will take place is currently known beyond that it will take place on a weekend.
The plot centers around a total of five fictional players that go by the username Main02, Sheriff_Motch, Rossi, Astr0 and InsaneBeach. All five players have unique personalities that dictate their actions on the server. Main meets Sheriff while escaping the spawn region during the 2nd Incursion (fall 2013), and the two become close friends, despite their dichotomy of desires (Main being an anti-griefing builder and Sheriff being a griefer.) As they go on a variety of adventures, they meet many real players, that are supposedly portrayed how they actually were at the time. Over time, as they get further from spawn, they meet more and more players, fictional and non-fictional, some who become enemies, some who become friends. Eventually, Sheriff and Main naturally grow apart due to their differences, which gradually changes them as characters.
- Main02: Main02 is a main character, alongside Sheriff. He is a builder who is very against griefing and he loves the "block game history". He is what would be called a "larper" in modern 2b2t.
- Sheriff_Motch: Sheriff_Motch is a player who enjoys griefing, and struggles finding the fun in any form of building, and often struggles with building itself. His signature weapon is a bow, entrusted to him by xcc2 at NFE before Sheriff and Main departed into the nether.
- Rossi: Rossi is more experienced player who always fixes things, and always has to put up with Main and Sheriff's occasional bickering and arguments. He acts like a babysitter of sorts to Sheriff and Main, but he has a bit of a backstory of his own, and he used to be a much different person. Met Sheriff and Main after they griefed his base, Lost Hopes.
- Astr0: Astr0 is a player in a pair of newfags Main, Sheriff and Rossi met in Episode 6. He is a massive nerd, and knows a lot about redstone machinery. InsaneBeach's lack of knowledge about Minecraft as a whole constantly irritates him.
- InsaneBeach: Beach is the second player in a pair of newfags Main, Sheriff and Rossi met in Episode 6. He acts like a stereotypical 80s surfer and knows very little about Minecraft, due to him only installing it three hours ago at the time they met Main, Sheriff and Rossi. He keeps remarking about "sharpness pages", which is a result of his misunderstanding of the item-enchanting mechanic in Minecraft.
- TallyX: Tally is a rusher who joins the server as its no-rules nature appeals to his grumpy and somewhat rude demeanor. He's also knowledgeable on hacked clients and Minecraft multiplayer and how it works.
- Ellie_Aloha is also a rusher, who played on Rusher's server beforehand before coming to 2b2t. Despite the toxicity on 2b2t, she carries a certain innocence and naivety, and cares a lot for others; but most of all, she loves stories and therefore, is attracted to 2b2t because of its vast history.
|1||Pilot||August 1, 2020||An introduction episode. Main02 joins the server for the first time. He needs to escape spawn, and perhaps he'll meet some allies along the way.|
|2||The Dichotomy||August 8, 2020||Set in 2013 NFE, and the first real appearance of any non-fictional players, this episode sees a battle between Harblax and Uzify against xcc2 and popbob as a showcase of the dichotomy between xcc2 and popbob that would later parallel that of Sheriff and Main.|
|3||To Hell and Back||August 15, 2020||Most regard this as one of the better episodes. Taking place in the nether for most of the episode, a tense chase scene entails as geared players chase the two main characters. Rossi is introduced at the end of the episode, and Sheriff's tendencies to grief are first truly showcased here.|
|4||The Castle||August 22, 2020||Rossi, Main and Sheriff set out to build a base and after 4 episodes of traveling, finally start. However, it is griefed by popbob soon after its construction.|
|5||An Unexpected Alliance||October 31, 2020||Sheriff, having not seen popbob grief the base, blames Rossi (who was sent to spawn in a fight with popbob) for griefing. Main and Sheriff head to spawn and meet up with Rossi and a few others, then head out to defend a structure from popbob.|
|6||Astro and Beach||November 7, 2020||Main, Sheriff and Rossi set out once more to attempt a build a new base. On the way, they meet two newfags; Astr0 and InsaneBeach. After a quick skirmish, they team up to go finally build the base.|
|7||The Base Pt. 1||November 14, 2020||The base has begun, but the server is lagging. Main and Rossi travel out to a stash to get materials while the server lags while Sheriff_Motch, Astr0 and InsaneBeach stay behind and build what they can in the lag.|
|8||The Base Pt. 2||November 21, 2020||Season 1 finale. A new tower is being planned at the base, but trouble is brewing. Secrets are revealed, and the group will never be the same again. Most regard this as the best episode due to the ending.|
|1||The Brawl of Wrath||July 31, 2021||Main02 joins for the first time in a year, right in the middle of a brawl about to take place between the Valkyrians and the group that would eventually be known as "Nerds Inc." Meanwhile, some familiar faces show up to partake in the action.|
|2||One Whole Year||August 7, 2021||After the Brawl at Wrath Outpost, Main and Rossi catch up on what has happened between the seasons. Meanwhile, Sheriff and the rest of the Nerds regroup after the fight.|
|3||Return of the "King"||August 14, 2021||Main and Rossi meet up with Astro and Beach after a year, who have a nostalgic surprise. Meanwhile, Sheriff arrives at a base with his new friends.|
|4||A New Beginning||August 21, 2021||A few months have passed and Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach have been at their new ice spikes base for quite some time, building it up. Meanwhile, Sheriff finishes his build at King's Landing.|
|5||Old Wounds||August 28, 2021||Sheriff_Motch arrives at Main, Rossi, Astro and Beach's base, TNT in hand. Through a series of events, Main and Sheriff confront each other for the first time in over a year at spawn.|
|6||The Empty Void||September 4, 2021||jared2013 and taylo112 grief Space Valkyria. Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach attempt to travel to their end base, but all the end portals are destroyed due to Hausemaster's shenanigans. They decide to explore spawn for a while, until they find passie05 and his dirt mansion. Meanwhile, Tristan and Sheriff discuss the grief of Space Valkyria, then travel there. At the griefed base, Tristan tells Sheriff that he accidentally leaked the coords to King's Landing.|
|7||King's Departure||September 11, 2021||Sheriff travels to King's Landing to help destroy the base before others have the pleasure of doing so, although Tristan arrives late. SilverKrownKing and Oremonger try to kill Sheriff as they believe that he had leaked it. Meanwhile, Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach help xcc2 and passie05 expand passie's dirt mansion.|
|8||Memories||September 18, 2021||Main's group return to the castle built in episode 4 of the first season to rebuild it. However, Sherriff comes around, leaving a sign that he was there, infuriating Main, and causing them to move to Astr0 and Beach's end base, as they believed that Sherriff was about to grief the castle.|
|9||Nerds In Space||September 25, 2021||Main's group expand and live in their end base for about 4 and a half months until Sherriff is caught talking with Rossi by Nerds Inc, leading them to believe that Sherriff was leaking Nerds Inc secrets to others. This causes Tristan to hack into Rossi's account and grief the base. The griefing of the end base results in Astr0 and Beach to quit the server.|
|10||Humble Beginnings||October 2, 2021||3 and a half years earlier, Rossi joins the server and meets two players named Loftwing and Corpse while escaping x0XP. They soon make a base close to spawn. Over time, many players stumble upon and become members of the base, gradually filling Rossi up with resentment and anger. By mid-2013, Rossi is pushed over the edge when he finds out that Loftwing had been renovating his builds, leading him to believe that she thinks he is inferior. This causes him to grief the base, although he soon realizes his mistake when everyone leaves the server, and tries to rebuild the base, believing that rebuilding the base will bring them back.|
|11||Generation's End||October 9, 2021||On June 1st, Rossi independently tells Sherriff and Main to travel back to their old base. After they discover each other's presence, they fight until Rossi intervenes. Rossi tells them both that he has finally lost hope in both of them and hopes that both of them will finally realize that what they're doing isn't right. He then quits the server.|
|1||A New Generation||August 6, 2022||A grumpy Rusher by the name of TallyX joins the server for the first time and meets a innocent, naïve, and talkative Rusher named Ellie_Aloha. Tally is annoyed by her presence but eventually puts up with her. They attempt escaping spawn multiple times until they give up. Meanwhile, Sherriff_Motch, who is filled with guilt, tries to compensate for his previous actions by giving food to Rushers at spawn, including Ellie_Aloha and TallyX.|
|2||The Sanctuary||August 13, 2022||After Ellie strikes up a conversation with Sherriff about the history of the server, he decides to lead them to a base where they can get gear and food, although TallyX is skeptical about the idea, thinking that it could be a trap. When they get to the base, they have a chat around the campfire about Minecraft. Meanwhile, Main02 has joined Team Veteran and joins Fit and Babbaj in destroying a Rusher sanctuary that Sherriff, Ellie, and Tally just so happen to be staying at.|
|3||The Raid||October 22nd, 2022||Main02 confronts Sheriff_Motch for the first time since their duel on June 1st. Main02, still angry about Sheriff's actions, enacts a plan to get revenge on Sheriff by giving him a "taste of his own medicine" - he joins Sheriff, Ellie and Tally in hopes of betraying them later down the line. They travel to a small outpost, where Sheriff expresses his newfound interest in the server's history, an interest that Main doesn't believe in the slightest.|
|4||Lost Hopes||October 30th, 2022||Main and Sheriff decide to go to old bases that were important to teach Ellie and Tally about the history and their pasts. Their first stop is Lost Hopes, where tensions come to a head as Sheriff sugarcoats the story of how Lost Hopes was first griefed. Sheriff quickly corrects himself, but later realizes Main's true intentions with the group when Main continually takes jabs at Sheriff and their past. They argue once again, and Tally calls them out on their pathetic behavior. To this, Ellie calls Tally out on his behavior, and chaos breaks loose. Sheriff explains to Main that this is exactly what he wanted to prevent, and that he wanted to set Tally and Ellie down "the right path". Tally and Ellie split, and Sheriff goes with Ellie, leaving Main to deal with Tally.|
The team behind the Chronicles is extensive. Here's everyone that has contributed anything. (Note: If their specific job isn't listed, this means they have helped a lot, too much to list)
- VillagerFilms (Head Director)
- Emperor_Walrus (Co-Director)
- Crazyguy_123 (Executive Producer)
- ExtremeBleach (Executive Producer)
- Trump_17 (Retired Director)
- Hoodlands (Retired Director)
- TheMlgFox (Retired Executive Producer)
- fastvincent1 (Producer)
- digandbuilder (Producer)
- Johnny (2x4) (Actor)
- Darth08 (Actor)
- Goujon (Actor)
- Univercius/Destiny (Actor)
- SpeedDemon0 (Actor)
- Sato86 (Nitpicker, helped straighten out the series to not be dumb)
- TheJudgeHolden (Nitpicker)
- xcc2 (Nitpicker)
- Raaanch (Set Builder)
- Sheriff_Motch and Rossi were actually taken from a MAD short on Cartoon Network about Minecraft from 2011. This was referenced in Season 3 Episode 4.
- Most of the sets are actual structures on 2b2t; barring most of the bases built from scratch by the main characters.
- A plot spanning 3 seasons was planned from the start.
- Character InsaneBeach takes inspiration from "Fart_Garfunkel" from falconer02's classic Minecraft animation series "The N00b Adventures"
- In Episode 2, Uzify is killed by a lone arrow shot by Sheriff_Motch after xcc2 missed his shot. This is an altered version of a true story, where xcc2 kills Uzify with a lone arrow during his attempted grief.
- In Season 2 Episode 1, jared2013 makes an appearance. He is one of the few characters with custom text-scrolling noises, and his sound specifically is an edited version of the real jared's laughter.
- The fight scene that takes place in Season 2 Episode 1 has music choice and visuals that reference the classic Newgrounds series "Super Mario Bros. Z" by Mark Haynes. On top of this, the music choice and choreography in the end fight scene in Season 2 Episode 9 also reference "Super Mario Bros. Z"
- In Season 2 and beyond, many of the songs featured within the series are fully original composed either by VillagerFilms or Emperor_Walrus, barring the Season 2 opening theme which was composed by Polybrow (who is known for composing a few songs based on 2b2t.) The Season 2 soundtrack can be found on YouTube Music (or just YouTube itself) under the name "2b2t Chronicles OST Volume 1". The Season 3 OST is yet to be released in full, but some of the songs can be found on the 2b2t Chronicles Extras channel.