2b2t Chronicles is a fictional 2b2t web series on YouTube and is a project run by many players. The goal is to create a fictional story series set on 2b2t for everyone to enjoy. It uses the popular style of videos often referred to as "Machinima", which has seen usage by other YouTubers to portray real events in the past (such as Trump_17 and fastvincent1). However, 2b2t Chronicles is the first time this style of video was used to tell fictional stories, and the current understanding is that 2b2t Chronicles is the first time any 2b2t-centric fictional stories have been told on this scale.
The original concept of the Chronicles originates back to January 2020, when a group of people came together to create a "story show" set on 2b2t. The original story consisted of a fictional player in 2011 making his way to NFE, meeting xcc2, only to have popbob show up and an argument begins. The name of this project was the "2b2t Movie Society", however, it slowly fell into inactivity, and it seemed doomed to be one of many abandoned 2b2t ideas.
However, on March 31, 2020, VillagerFilms came to Trump_17, discussing the idea of a potential 2b2t "comedy story". Trump_17 told Villager about the movie society, and invited Villager to the Discord server. The next day, on April 1, 2020, Villager started renovating everything, and fixing the server up, bringing it back to life. The ideas slowly came together to form the modern idea of the Chronicles. Production of the series itself began a few days later. Episodes 1 and 2 were both finished in April, and within a few days. However, Episodes 3 to 5 took weeks to produce for a variety of reasons. Episodes 6 to 8 were finished far quicker due to the usage of a mod called Blockbuster by McHorse. For most of the series, visual editing was done by Villager first, then the visual video was transferred to Trump_17, who did the audio due to him being praised for having very good music choice and audio work on his personal channel.
On June 10, 2020, multiple 2b2t YouTubers uploaded a video that was a teaser for the 2b2t Chronicles, them being Sato86, VillagerFilms, Trump_17, DigMC (at the end of his "the entire history of 2b2t, I guess", as well as being mentioned by fastvincent1's community tab. Then, on July 25, 2020, a full trailer was released on the 2b2t Chronicles channel, showing actual clips from the series. On August 1, the first episode was released, with mixed reception. Episodes 2 to 4 were released over the next 3 weeks. Then, there was a 2-month mid-season break before Episodes continued regularly from Episodes 5-8 on October 31st. The first season ended on November 21, 2020, which makes Season 1 last from August to November 2020, with a promise of a season 2 in a few months.
There was also an April Fools' episode containing a fictionalized retelling of the famous flame war between popbob and jared2013 that took place on December 26, 2015.
On July 1, 2021, a trailer was released for Season 2. Season 2 officially began on July 31, with the premiere episode "The Brawl of Wrath", to mostly positive reception. Season 2 ended on October 9, with a promise of a season 3.
The plot centers around a total of five fictional players that go by the username Main02, Sheriff_Motch, Rossi, Astr0 and InsaneBeach. All five players have unique personalities that dictate their actions on the server. Main meets Sheriff while escaping the spawn region during the 2nd Incursion (fall 2013), and the two become close friends, despite their dichotomy of desires (Main being an anti-griefing builder and Sheriff being a griefer.) As they go on a variety of adventures, they meet many real players, that are supposedly portrayed how they actually were at the time. Over time, as they get further from spawn, they meet more and more players, fictional and non-fictional, some who become enemies, some who become friends. Eventually, Sheriff and Main naturally grow apart due to their differences, which gradually changes them as characters.
- Main02: Main02 is a main character, alongside Sheriff. He is a builder who is very against griefing and he loves the "block game history". He is what would be called a "larper" in modern 2b2t.
- Sheriff_Motch: Sheriff_Motch is a player who enjoys griefing, and struggles finding the fun in any form of building, and often struggles with building itself. His signature weapon is a bow, entrusted to him by xcc2 at NFE before Sheriff and Main departed into the nether.
- Rossi: Rossi is more experienced player who always fixes things, and always has to put up with Main and Sheriff's occasional bickering and arguments. He acts like a babysitter of sorts to Sheriff and Main, but he has a bit of a backstory of his own, and he used to be a much different person. Met Sheriff and Main after they griefed his base, Lost Hopes.
- Astr0: Astr0 is a player in a pair of newfags Main, Sheriff and Rossi met in Episode 6. He is a massive nerd, and knows a lot about redstone machinery. InsaneBeach's lack of knowledge about Minecraft as a whole constantly irritates him.
- InsaneBeach: Beach is the second player in a pair of newfags Main, Sheriff and Rossi met in Episode 6. He acts like a stereotypical 80s surfer and knows very little about Minecraft, due to him only installing it three hours ago at the time they met Main, Sheriff and Rossi. He keeps remarking about "sharpness pages", which is a result of his misunderstanding of the item-enchanting mechanic in Minecraft.
|1||Pilot||August 1, 2020||An introduction episode. Main02 joins the server for the first time. He needs to escape spawn, and perhaps he'll meet some allies along the way.|
|2||The Dichotomy||August 8, 2020||Set in 2013 NFE, and the first real appearance of any non-fictional players, this episode sees a battle between Harblax and Uzify against xcc2 and popbob as a showcase of the dichotomy between xcc2 and popbob that would later parallel that of Sheriff and Main.|
|3||To Hell and Back||August 15, 2020||Most regard this as one of the better episodes. Taking place in the nether for most of the episode, a tense chase scene entails as geared players chase the two main characters. Rossi is introduced at the end of the episode, and Sheriff's tendencies to grief are first truly showcased here.|
|4||The Castle||August 22, 2020||Rossi, Main and Sheriff set out to build a base and after 4 episodes of traveling, finally start. However, it is griefed by popbob soon after its construction.|
|5||An Unexpected Alliance||October 31, 2020||Sheriff, having not seen popbob grief the base, blames Rossi (who was sent to spawn in a fight with popbob) for griefing. Main and Sheriff head to spawn and meet up with Rossi and a few others, then head out to defend a structure from popbob.|
|6||Astro and Beach||November 7, 2020||Main, Sheriff and Rossi set out once more to attempt a build a new base. On the way, they meet two newfags; Astr0 and InsaneBeach. After a quick skirmish, they team up to go finally build the base.|
|7||The Base Pt. 1||November 14, 2020||The base has begun, but the server is lagging. Main and Rossi travel out to a stash to get materials while the server lags while Sheriff_Motch, Astr0 and InsaneBeach stay behind and build what they can in the lag.|
|8||The Base Pt. 2||November 21, 2020||Season 1 finale. A new tower is being planned at the base, but trouble is brewing. Secrets are revealed, and the group will never be the same again. Most regard this as the best episode due to the ending.|
|1||The Brawl of Wrath||July 31, 2021||Main02 joins for the first time in a year, right in the middle of a brawl about to take place between the Valkyrians and the group that would eventually be known as "Nerds Inc." Meanwhile, some familiar faces show up to partake in the action.|
|2||One Whole Year||August 7, 2021||After the Brawl at Wrath Outpost, Main and Rossi catch up on what has happened between the seasons. Meanwhile, Sheriff and the rest of the Nerds regroup after the fight.|
|3||Return of the "King"||August 14, 2021||Main and Rossi meet up with Astro and Beach after a year, who have a nostalgic surprise. Meanwhile, Sheriff arrives at a base with his new friends.|
|4||A New Beginning||August 21, 2021||A few months have passed and Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach have been at their new ice spikes base for quite some time, building it up. Meanwhile, Sheriff finishes his build at King's Landing.|
|5||Old Wounds||August 28, 2021||Sheriff_Motch arrives at Main, Rossi, Astro and Beach's base, TNT in hand. Through a series of events, Main and Sheriff confront each other for the first time in over a year at spawn.|
|6||The Empty Void||September 4, 2021||jared2013 and taylo112 grief Space Valkyria. Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach attempt to travel to their end base, but all the end portals are destroyed due to Hausemaster's shenanigans. They decide to explore spawn for a while, until they find passie05 and his dirt mansion. Meanwhile, Tristan and Sheriff discuss the grief of Space Valkyria, then travel there. At the griefed base, Tristan tells Sheriff that he accidentally leaked the coords to King's Landing.|
|7||King's Departure||September 11, 2021||Sheriff travels to King's Landing to help destroy the base before others have the pleasure of doing so, although Tristan arrives late. SilverKrownKing and Oremonger try to kill Sheriff as they believe that he had leaked it. Meanwhile, Main, Rossi, Astro, and Beach help xcc2 and passie05 expand passie's dirt mansion.|
|8||Memories||September 18, 2021||Main's group return to the castle built in episode 4 of the first season to rebuild it. However, Sherriff comes around, leaving a sign that he was there, infuriating Main, and causing them to move to Astr0 and Beach's end base, as they believed that Sherriff was about to grief the castle.|
|9||Nerds In Space||September 25, 2021||Main's group expand and live in their end base for about 4 and a half months until Sherriff is caught talking with Rossi by Nerds Inc, leading them to believe that Sherriff was leaking Nerds Inc secrets to others. This causes Tristan to hack into Rossi's account and grief the base. The griefing of the end base results in Astr0 and Beach to quit the server.|
|10||Humble Beginnings||October 2, 2021||3 and a half years earlier, Rossi joins the server and meets two players named Loftwing and Corpse while escaping x0XP. They soon make a base close to spawn. Over time, many players stumble upon and become members of the base, gradually filling Rossi up with resentment and anger. By mid-2013, Rossi is pushed over the edge when he finds out that Loftwing had been renovating his builds, leading him to believe that she thinks he is inferior. This causes him to grief the base, although he soon realizes his mistake when everyone leaves the server, and tries to rebuild the base, believing that rebuilding the base will bring them back.|
|11||Generation's End||October 9, 2021||On June 1st, Rossi independently tells Sherriff and Main to travel back to their old base. After they discover each other's presence, they fight until Rossi intervenes. Rossi tells them both that he has finally lost hope in both of them and hopes that both of them will finally realize that what they're doing isn't right. He then quits the server.|
The team behind the Chronicles is extensive. Here's everyone that has contributed anything. (Note: If their specific job isn't listed, this means they have helped a lot, too much to list)
- VillagerFilms (Head Director)
- Trump_17 (Co-Director)
- Emperor_Walrus (Co-Director)
- Hoodlands (Executive Producer)
- TheMlgFox (Executive Producer)
- Crazyguy_123 (Executive Producer)
- ExtremeBleach (Executive Producer)
- fastvincent1 (Producer)
- digandbuilder (Producer)
- Johnny (2x4) (Actor)
- Darth08 (Actor)
- Goujon (Actor)
- Univercius/Destiny (Actor)
- SpeedDemon0 (Actor)
- Sato86 (Nitpicker, helped straighten out the series to not be dumb)
- TheJudgeHolden (Nitpicker)
- xcc2 (Nitpicker)
- Raaanch (Set Builder)
- Sheriff_Motch is actually taken from a MAD short on Cartoon Network about Minecraft from 2011.
- Most of the sets are actual structures on 2b2t; barring most of the bases built from scratch by the main characters.
- A plot spanning 3 entire seasons is planned currently, and it could continue beyond season 3 as well.
- Character InsaneBeach takes inspiration from "Fart_Garfunkel" from falconer02's classic Minecraft animation series "The N00b Adventures"
- In Episode 2, Uzify is killed by a lone arrow shot by Sheriff_Motch. This is based on a true story, where xcc2 kills Uzify with a lone arrow during his attempted grief.
- In Season 2 Episode 1, jared2013 makes an appearance. He is one of the few characters with custom text-scrolling noises, and his sound specifically is an edited version of the real jared's laughter.
- The fight scene that takes place in Season 2 Episode 1 has music choice and visuals that reference the classic Newgrounds series "Super Mario Bros. Z" by Mark Haynes.