The Masonic Eclipse
The Masonic Eclipse was an event organized by the SpawnMasons to build their logo out of obsidian in the sky of spawn, larger than all the other symbols. It was completed in December 2019.
The symbol has a total of 28,154,762 obsidian blocks and was built in 8 days and 3 hours using modified baritone bots. Here are the leaderboards, going from most placed, to least placed:
Fun facts by the builder leijurv:
- From the first block of obsidian placed to the last, this project took exactly 8 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes, and 33 seconds
- Finished Christmas eve (Christmas day for European time zones)
- 28,154,762 obsidian
- Averaged 40.15 obsidian placed per second, continuously, for the entire duration
- Averaged 14.83 accounts placing at any given time
- 61 unique Minecraft accounts placed at least 1 section
- 1 section = 144 by 144 blocks (slightly larger than a map art) = 20736 blocks
- There were 1,901 sections (not all were full)
- Highest observed peak was 32 accounts placing simultaneously (real max could be higher though)
- 160x more obsidian than the original spawnmason logo
- Mined over 3.5 million echests, which is more than 46% of the netherrack mined for a 1x2 tunnel to the world border
- In the peak single hour, which was very close to the end, 307,939 blocks of obsidian were placed. That’s over 85 per second.
- To mine all the obsidian in this logo with Efficiency V picks, it would take 17,597 hours
- At 8 hours a day, with perfect TPS, that’s over six years
- Over two thousand empty shulkers (previously full of echests) have been left behind on the underside of the logo
This symbol cuts through many spawn symbols such as that of the Infinity Incursion and the Vortex Coalition, causing many groups to hate the logo for this reason.